ChangeMaker or Passion Project | Secondary Unit | Project Based Learning | PBL
Project-Based Learning Unit | ChangeMaker or Passion Project Secondary Unit:
This engaging student-centered unit is designed to inspire middle and high school students to become genuine ChangeMakers in the world. Resources can be used for project-based learning, independent study, or secondary ELA credit.
Aligned with Common Core ELA Standards Grades 9-12.
Within this project, students are guided to:
- Brainstorm and identify a problem they are passionate about solving or alleviating
- Create and submit project proposal
- Write a mission statement
- Research, summarize, and reflect upon informational texts (sample summary and reflection provided)
- Develop a creative writing assignment (six options offered)
- Collaborate with peers for weekly chat groups (chat group role descriptions are provided along with tasks and templates to record info.)
- Create and present final project (multiple options are shared along with exemplar)
In addition to a 20 page Powerpoint PDF, you will receive:
- Links to videos to help students better understand the role of a ChangeMaker
- Link to my FREE exemplar ChangeMaker project/Powerpoint, which demonstrates what a final project might look like
- Link to download my FREE ChangeMaker 12 x 18 poster
- Link to download my four FREE graphic organizers to help students brainstorm ideas for their projects
- Common Core ELA Standards for grades 9-12
Your life will be SO MUCH EASIER working with this unit within an editable Google Doc. Within this download, I share my email address and invite you to message me for the editable Google Doc, which you can then tailor to fit your needs and share with your students. Each student can then complete all of his or her assignments, with the exception of the final, within a single Google Doc, which makes life easier on everyone!
If you or your students don't have access to Google Drive, this full color 20 Page PDF can be printed and shared with students or sent to them via email. Prints great in black and white as well!
My students need a minimum of 20 class periods to complete this project, but you can easily edit the criteria to shorten or lengthen the unit.
Change Maker Unit | PBL High School | PBL Middle School Independent Study Curriculum